The south-southwest facing site of Wehlener Sonnenuhr is located downriver and borders the Graacher sites. The Sonnenuhr, or sundial, which gave the site its name, was built in 1842 by Joducus Prüm and was originally used for time orientation.
The vines grow on a stony slate soil with clay, which brings forth highly fine Rieslings. The wines from this site often have a tender, earthy character, along with slate notes, exotic and peachy fruit, and deep elegance.
Wehlener Sonnenuhr is classified as VDP.GROSSE LAGE®. The estate owns 0,25ha of vineyards in Wehlener Sonnenuhr.