It was an exciting and crazy year. First we were worried because of the long and cold winter. The flowering began later than usual. But after the hot July we achieved the same maturity as in 2009 by August.
September was rather changeable and affected the fruit and richness of the grapes’ flavour. As the Riesling grapes stayed pretty healthy they benefited from many sunny days in October. The late harvest in the Mosel valley, which is a result of the late ripening Riesling and the special climate of our region, was once again our favour.
Mid-October we began with pre-selection. In the first week we only selected botrytised bunches, all with very clean botrytis and a refreshing acidity. Wonderful noble sweet wines are the result.
The cooler and mostly sunny weather during the main harvest brought us a great concentration of flavour and acidity. But together with the uneven flowering it lead to an enormous loss in quantity.
This is the only flaw of the vintage 2010.
The young wines are developing excellently in our wooden barrels (Fuder). -We have never had Auslesen and Beerenauslesen with such a fantastic acidity.
Mother Nature gave us perfect Riesling wines with a bright future.
Wines of the year 2010
- 2010 Graacher Riesling trocken
- 2010 Graacher Riesling feinherb
- 2010 Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Kabinett
- 2010 Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Spätlese
- 2010 Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Spätlese
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spätlese #05
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Auslese #01
- 2010 Graacher Himmelreich Riesling Auslese #09
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Auslese #10
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Beerenauslese
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Spätlese #11 (Auktionswein)
- 2010 Graacher Domprobst Riesling Auslese #04